Sunday, September 11, 2011

Making Special!

So this week's blog is centered around making special... What exactly is 'making special' you ask? Well, until today, I wasn't so sure myself, I really knew what it was. Our classes example was of how everyone arranges a room differently, to make it special to them. Well, I do get quite creative with my decorating, but it doesn't really scream "special" to me. When I thought about what I really care about making special, and it hit me... Food! Well, to be more specific, pastry (baked goods) and I knew that is what I was going to make special today. Unfortunately, patience and time go hand in hand with baking, so I've been running around like a crazy person for the last like 4 hours, but I think I've succeeded in making special. (What an awkward phrase! Making special... anyway...)

Since making special should be a personal experience, I wanted to bake and decorate cookies, not just pretty or cool, but, well special. Here's a little background to my cookie adventure: My 9 year old sister and I really like Harry Potter, and it's something we can both talk about and enjoy. She loves making dorky Harry Potter things for me, so I decided to make Harry Potter cookies! (She's going to flip out, I promise)


They aren't perfect, but I'm sure the next time I make special with these cookies, they'll come out better (practice does make perfect!). But I did have a blast tonight making special!

-Holly



Recipe Sources:

http://bakingdom.com/2010/03/alice-in-wonderland.html
http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2010/01/royal-   icing-102-or-201-or-whatever.html

My sister and me

1 comment:

  1. This is such a creative idea to make special. Baking is very important to you it seems like, so its not just making another batch of cookies. And that you connect your sister into the cookies makes it very special and personal. Combining interest and fun makes it special as least i believe so because when you are having fun doing something it becomes more important to you. I couldn't view your picture on my computer but im sure they turned out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete